Friday, May 16, 2014

The Farm

Photos I took this May of the timber and pasture on land which belonged to my grandparents. I wish these pictures could catch the glory of bird song which filled the air that morning. I saw brown thrashers, cardinals, red-winged blackbirds, and gold finches, among others.
























 When I returned later in the day, nearly all the fluff had blown from the dandelions.








 I love the gold tinge in the trees.




I believe my aunt's cows must be among the happiest on earth.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Anna! I wish I could have taken you there with me. I can just hear you thanking God for all that beauty. We need to trek up to the botanic gardens and take more pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A neighbor just got a job at Purdue. She bought 3 acres that borders a corn field. She said she wanted ideas of what to do with her land. I look at these pictures and say, THIS. When I see her, I'll find out more about her land, and maybe will ask you more specific questions. My experience was with forests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting for your friend! If you ask me questions, I'll relay them to my aunt. She knows much more about it all!

      Delete