Sunday, August 10, 2014

Au Sable Light Station



My family spent a week camping together on Michigan's upper peninsula. For three dollars we toured a light house situated a mile-and-a-half hike away from our campsite.  




 The beauty amid the utility of the light tower stirs me. Looking at this picture, I marvel at the striking white walls and beautiful structure of the black spiral staircase. The light through the shapes in the steps reminds me of stained glass windows in a church. The beauty of it fills me with a sense of wonder and worship.



And all this comes with the surrounding beauty of Lake Superior, sand cliffs, wild blueberries, and truly pointed pine trees so unlike the more haphazard shapes of evergreens in Illinois.

2 comments:

  1. My family camped there in 1995 as part of our 5 week trip around the U.S. It was peaceful. My memory is weak, but I think we hiked to that light house. Glad to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely! Peaceful is just the right word to describe that area.

      Delete