Saturday, August 16, 2014

Solace

(composed in 2012, posted again with minor revisions)

Solace

I sit cross legged here beneath Your eyes--
alone at home, my uniform exchanged
for PJ's--laying off my role's disguise,
my threadbare clutching after some deranged

significance. "See! This and this are me,"
I need not say to You. I am immersed,
x-rayed, and sanctuaried--all You see--
Your vision, my release. Though I am versed

in self-examination, scrutiny
of sample slivers flayed for microscopes,
Your searching leads to healing unity.
Your looking is my quiet and my hope.

In all my contradictions, still Your own--
loved unreservedly, completely known.

4 comments:

  1. I love sonnets. And the fluency and apparent ease of this sonnet--though it is clear that you've worked on it to achieve that fluency--is especially a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Thomas! Sonnets are fun. There's something reassuring about their flow and structure.

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful. I like the way you compare your own looking as separate, micorscopic, inspection - this and this; vs God's seeing the whole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's comforting to know He does see the whole! I can tie myself in knots trying to figure everything out on my own.

      Delete