Monday, December 14, 2009

Welcome!

During my childhood, my sister and I discovered the charms of venturing over our grandpa's fields to a bit of timberland at the end of his waterway. Armed with walking sticks as tall as our heads and accompanied by Elly, our beagle mix, we left the village behind and won through to the spot which became, simply, "Our Place"--a space where we could discover, imagine, think, be. A place to seek balance in a spinning world or to know the peculiar pleasure of oranges toted from home, peeled with cold fingers, and devoured in three thirsty mouths.

It is my hope that this blog will become a kind of Our Place where you, reader, and I can find the space to ponder and be and perhaps glimpse down through the dust and bustle of daily life to the Foundation which holds everything together. I hope you will join me in writing by sharing your own thoughts through posting a comment. This is, after all, Our Place.

So, come!

Walk the rails under a high blue sky.Find the sag in the leaning fence,and step--carefully--over rusted wire. Follow a peninsula of blond grasses through a lake of loam, and come, at last, to the timber's edge where gray branches trace the sky and rosehips curl near purple canes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm excited about this, Elena! I so look forward to reading here and being encouraged and delighted by your always lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Glad to see you onboard the blogging world. I will watch this blog with great interest! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! My mouth literally dropped open when I saw your comment. I am so excited I got goosebumps as I read your post. Thank you so much for starting one- I am so excited to read some of your writings. Love you so much dearest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your very kind encouragement! I treasure your words.

    ReplyDelete